Monday, September 20, 2010

Celebrate the Harvest!!!!


Well, it's that time of year again. A happy/sad time for me. I love Fall and am excited about the new flavors that will be hitting the menu, but I really have a tough time saying good bye to Summer. This summer has been an amazing one for the Sheppard Mansion family, as we've pulled a ton of produce that is beyond compare from our own gardens. I will really miss heading out to our culinary garden, but am already working with my dad on planning a garden four times as big for next year!

With the changing of seasons in mind, it's time for our annual Harvest Dinner. Hey Andy, is this like a 'farm to table' dinner. Well, sort of, but not really. I suppose you could consider what we do on a daily basis 'farm to table'. This is more of an opportunity to kick back, drink some wine, eat some food and celebrate the 2010 growing season and harvest. As in year's past, I'll be inviting some of my favorite producers to the dinner(a special wrinkle in this year's dinner is that I'll be speaking not only as the chef, but also as a producer. I'll be able to fill you in on the ENTIRE process from seed planting to harvest to menu concept to cooking. Cool? I think so.)

The evening will start with snacks and sparkling in the newest addition to the Sheppard Mansion brand. The Carriage House Market. That's right, all the amazing products I get to work with on a daily basis will soon be available for sale at the market that's going to 'change the way you think about, cook and eat food'. Be one of the first people to see the force that is THE CARRIAGE HOUSE MARKET. Following snack time, we'll head into the main house for a multi-course extravaganza featuring the most amazing products central PA has to offer. Between courses, my rockstar producer(hey, I'm one of them this year. Sweet.) friends will take a minute to talk about their products and I'll talk a bit about the concept behind the dish. Wine. Oh, yeah. There will be wine.

This is gonna be a rockin' good time that you DON'T want to miss. You might even see Beau Ramsburg breakin' bad to the Thong Song on a table top....Or you might not.....but you'll never forget yourself if it happens and you missed it!

HERE'S THE DEETS: Tuesday October 5th. 6pm. $105 includes EVERYTHING. And by everything, I mean.....snacks, sparkling, amazing food paired with amazing wine, tax, gratuity.

Phone 717.633.8075 to reserve your table. There are only a few left.....YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!!

No comments: