Saturday, January 10, 2009

Paris, Day Three

Well, I think I've finally figured out the photo thing, so this post will be a lot of photos. Sit back, relax, grab a cup of coffee(do it for me....you can't get take away coffee here. you have to sit in a cafe and drink it. that's really getting on my nerves)

OK, Day three started with steak frites and wine. Not a bad way to spend a day. The cool thing about this place is that they only ask you two questions. How do you want your steak cooked and what do you want to drink. They literally only serve steak and french fries. Again, cool. The sauce was kind of chimmichurri, kind of walnut pesto.





Next stop. Shopping. Note to Kathy: Please accept all deliveries to the Inn from Bernardaud and Christofle..... I picked up a few 'extras' for the restaurant, pictured below.... :-)








The Louvre:
Disclaimer: I'm not an art person. Not even close. So, we saw the Mona Lisa. Cool, whatever. I like Fawcett's stuff much better. Also, what idiot decided the glass pyramids were a good design feature? They look as stupid as a pinto pulling a big rig. What was the thought process there? Oh, here's this grand palace, lets plunk down some modern glass pyramids right in the middle. I thought the French were meant to have taste????




I will give them this. At least the good folks at the Louvre had the sense to include the Nittany Lion in their displays.


Whether you like art or think it's painfully boring, you gotta appreciate this craftsmanship. Yes, I actually laid down on the floor of the Louvre to take this picture of the ceiling. I think Karen was embarrassed.






Yes, I got a lease on my very own restaurant and already had the awning installed.....the awning folks move A LOT faster over here than they do in Hanover!!!


Finally, I'll leave you with a shot of the Paris lights. Pretty cool.




BEST THING I PUT IN MY MOUTH TODAY: Well, here's how good they are.....The winner? Day old Pierre Herme caramel and fleur de sel macaroons.

WORST THING I PUT IN MY MOUTH: A deplorable dinner at a corner bistro.(we were just looking for dinner and figured it might not be that bad) I hope everyone strikes the notion that ALL french can cook. It was not good.

1 comment:

bupperoni said...

looks like you guys are having a good time! thanks for reminding me of the steak frites i had in Paris back in '97. karen, how's your French coming along? have fun. xoxo becky