Sunday, January 17, 2010

PA Farm Show



So, I'm back in PA after a week and a half respite in east Tennessee. The days since I got home have been spent cleaning our kitchen, waxing the floors and preparing for what is going to be a stellar 2010. I also did a short appearance this past friday at the Pennsylvania Farm Show.

I went to Harrisburg excited about presenting a recipe utilizing PA mushrooms and also very excited about seeing the bounty of PA producers.


When I arrived at the Farm Show, I was advised that I would have a special guest cooking along with me on stage......'OK, I thought. That should be fun'. Little did I know that it would be PA Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding. AWESOME!


I think I had the Secretary talked into working at the Sheppard Mansion on weekends, right up until I had him puree our soup with a stick blender. I think that was where he drew the line!


I had a great time cooking with the Secretary and talking with the many folks who came to my demonstration. Even though it just ended, I am looking forward to attending next year's show! I can't stress enough how important it is to attend the Farm Show. Knowing where your food comes from is of utmost importance and by attending the Farm Show, you can meet the people who work so hard to provide us with the food we cook. There isn't a better place to be in January in PA if you're into food!

2 comments:

Michael@greenakeys.com said...

Cant wait! Dinner Saturday night! How long should I starve myself before we arrive for dinner at 7:30?

Chef Andrew Little said...

I don't know how long you want to starve yourself, but please be ready to sit back and enjoy!