Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Day on the Farm


Recently, I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with my good friend Trent Hendricks on his Telford, PA farm. The picture above shows the most amazing sunrise over his vegetable and herb garden . I was lucky enough to tip toe through his garden minutes after taking this picture and came back to the barn with armfuls of chocolate mint. This was the reason for my visit to the farm. During my two day stay, I was able to aid in the making of a cheese that I will be taking with me to a dinner at the James Beard House in New York City. This soft cheese has the chocolate mint steeped in the milk which provides the most amazing mint tone for the cheese. Paired with a white peach, some raspberry puree and a doughnut(of course a doughnut!) this is going to make a huge splash in NYC. Making trips like this and being able to share a little about the processes that I go through in cooking the products is what this blog is all about. I hope that you will visit often and catch up on all the fantastic food that is being cooked and produced in central PA.

No comments: